Wednesday 11 January 2012

Hi all,
SO a very quick update on project WR250f. The bike went into the workshop and had new bearings, new number plate (to pass the MOT) and some other minor bits and pieces. I then fitted a Trailtech computer/tacho and took her for a ride. I asked the workshop about the dodgy rear suspension and they suggested the dreaded ebay may be my friend.  After a green lane ride I realised the rear suspension was too faulty so had to be sorted.
A week and £120 later, a 2006 rear suspension unit arrived looking in great condition. As you have probably read below, im a mechanical numpty (idiot) but thought Id give it a go. It only took one hour to strip the bike, remove the old unit and install the new one. A quick test ride proved that the problem was now solved.

Something I have learned from all this is that one of the joys of dirtbiking is that you CAN work on your own bike with no experience. Just follow the manuals carefully and save a fortune in workshop costs. Still not sure I want to dismantle my VFR800 Vtec though!!

Cant wait to do a proper green lane ride and test for real

No comments:

Post a Comment